From Autism Discussion Page (a great page – please visit it for wonderful insights/resources):
Books on Autism/Disabilities for Ages 4-8
Below are some good books that help explain autism for both the child on the spectrum and for sibling or young friends:
1. In My Mind: The world through the eyes of autism, by Adonya Wong.
2. What it is to be me! An aspergers kid book, by Angela Wine.
3. Different Like Me: My book of autism heroes, by Jennifer Elder.
4. I am utterly unique: Celebrating the strengths, by Elaine Marie Larson
5. In Jesse’s Shoes, by Beverly Lewis
6. Can I tell you about aspergers syndrome, by Jude Welton
7. A is for autism, F is for friend: a kid’s book for making friends with a child who has autism, by Joanna L. Keating.
8. The Autism Acceptance Book: Being a friend to someone with autism, by Ellen Sabin
9. Everyone is different: A book for young people who have brothers and sisters with autism, by Fiona Bleach.
10. I Love My Brother! A Preschooler’s View of Living with a Brother Who Has Autism. Written by Connor Sullivan, Danielle Sullivan (Editor).
11. My Brother Sammy. Written by Becky Edwards, David Armitage
12. Ian’s Walk: A Story about Autism. Written by Laurie Lears.
13. Andy and His Yellow Frisbee. Written by Mary Thompson (Illustrator).
14. Russell is Extra Special: A Book about Autism. By Charles A. Amenta.
15. Joey and Sam: ‘a Heartwarming Storybook About Autism, a Family, and a Brother’s Love’. Written by Illana Katz.
16. Taking Autism to School. Written by Andreanna Edwards, Tom Dineen
17. My Friend with Autism. Written by Beverly Bishop.
18. Views from our Shoes: Growing up with a Brother or Sister with Special Needs. Written by Donald Meyer.
19. Don’t Call Me Special: A First Look at Disability, by Pat Thomas.
I’ve not reviewed these, but I will definitely be checking them out.